Bite Me 3
Famous for sport fishing and giant Blue Marlin is the Kona Coast. Join us for a fun filled day with excitement and adventure with your entire family. Some of the best Big Island deep sea fishing is offered in the Kona area of the Big Island and is also one of the best Big Island activities you will find at Deep Sea Fishing Hawaii. One of the best Hawaii activities is the Bite Me 3 and allots you a day filled with fun during this Big Island deep sea fishing trip.
Aboard the Bite Me, Bite Me II, or Bite Me III you will enjoy a great day of fishing. All of the boats will depart from the Honokohau Harbor. By leaving from this spot, it will allow you to have more fishing time being that it is the closest destination to the best fishing spot on the Kona Coast known as “Grander Alley.”
You will catch big game fish like Striped Marlin, Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Short Nosed Spearfish, Ono, Ahi, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Yellow fin Tuna, Skip Jack Tuna, Big Eye Tuan, Rainbow Runners, and Sharks.
On our shared charters, you will have more of a private trip being that no more than 6 people will be allowed at a time on the 40’ boat.
- 40-foot Uniflite
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin and sleeping quarters for overnight trips
- Leather couches, TV, VCR, DVD, video games and custom-made bow cushions
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restroom with showers
- Two brand new 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Hauling in a Big One
Kona Big Game Fishing
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 3" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 3 is a 40-foot Egg Harbor with a large tuna tower for locating fish.